Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Mourinho won't quit but faces 12-game ban.

Jose Mourinho has insisted he had no intention of quitting Real Madrid.

There was speculation he was on his way out of the Bernabeu amid a storm of criticism for poking Barcelona assistant coach Tito Vilanova in an eye.

But he said: “Only those who don’t know me can dream, make up or believe I may leave Real Madrid at this stage.

“I believe many people were surprised by the quality of the football showcased by Real Madrid during the pre-season and it would be surprising news to them if I left the club now. Impossible!

“There is no way I’m leaving. No way!”

Mourinho could be banned by the Spanish FA for up to 12 matches over the incident involving Vilanova, which followed Real’s Spanish Super Cup defeat at the Nou Camp.


By MirrorFootball

No comments:

Post a Comment