Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I couldn't say no to a trial at Man United, says football-mad Bolt



He’s conquered the world, run the fastest Olympic race of all time. Now Usain Bolt wants to go a ridiculous step further.

‘People think I am joking when I say that I would like to play for Manchester United,’ said the Jamaican (after he had collected his 100m gold medal, left).

‘But if Alex Ferguson called me up and said, “OK, let’s do this, come and have a trial and see if you are good enough” it would be impossible for me to say no.’

Bolt has already dabbled in football, giving sprint training to Cristiano Ronaldo during pre-season at United a few years ago.

He added: ‘I wouldn’t take up the challenge if I didn’t think I was good enough. I’m a very accomplished player and know I could make a difference. I’d be the fastest player, but I can play as well.

‘I feel that I really helped Cristiano Ronaldo become a more complete player.’

Well, if you can’t get Robin van Persie, Fergie...

No comments:

Post a Comment