Thursday, May 17, 2012

Tevez hits out at 'President' Fergie's rule as spat continues


Carlos Tevez reopened his verbal war with Sir Alex Ferguson on Wednesday night after arriving in Argentina for a summer break.

Manchester City striker Tevez caused controversy at the club’s title parade on Monday when he held aloft a sign saying: ‘RIP Fergie’.

The sign was given to Tevez - who played under Ferguson at Manchester United - by a fan, but City still felt obliged to apologise to their rivals.

Now Tevez has opened the wounds again by telling reporters in Buenos Aires he has nothing to apologise for.

He said: ‘It seems Ferguson is the president of England. All the time he speaks badly about a player and he has said the worst about me. But I never asked him to apologise.

‘But if somebody makes a joke about him, you must apologise to him. But I don’t apologise.

‘There’s no relationship at all between me and Ferguson.’

Tevez also stated that despite his problems last season he now wants to stay at City. He added: ‘I had some problems and I was out, but I did my best to give my last grain of sand to help them win this title.’


By CHRIS WHEELER and IAN LADYMAN

No comments:

Post a Comment