Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Malouda: I will quit Chelsea to save my Euro 2012 place


Florent Malouda could join David Beckham at Paris Saint-Germain after admitting he might have to leave Chelsea in January.

The France midfielder has not started a Premier League match since November 20 and is worried his lack of game time for the Blues will see him miss out on Euro 2012.

After his substitute appearance against Fulham on Boxing Day, he told French TV: "My playing time is not enough to satisfy me. It is too little for the ambitions I have. I cannot be happy with that.

"If it is necessary, I will leave."

Malouda, now 31, has made only 11 starts this season in all competitions following the summer signing of Juan Mata.

His former Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti, who is set to be unveiled as the new PSG boss this week, has been linked with a move for Malouda by the French media.

Juventus enquired about Malouda's availability last summer and Gazzetta Dello Sport reports the midfielder has now been offered to another former Chelsea manager - Claudio Ranieri at Inter Milan.

No comments:

Post a Comment