Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Carroll in Reds tour party


Andy Carroll has been included in the 34-man squad for Liverpool's tour of North America amid increasing speculation about his future at the club.

On Sunday, Liverpool rejected a bid from Newcastle to take Carroll on a season-long loan, but have since indicated that they are willing to listen to offers for a permanent deal.

Newcastle only offered to pay a small part of the striker's £80,000-a-week wages, with the approach made with a view to a permanent switch at a specified price next summer.

That deal was not appealing to Liverpool, but Anfield sources have indicated that the club would be willing to sell Carroll if an "attractive" offer was tabled. They would also take a hit on the £35 million they paid Newcastle for Carroll 18 months ago.

Italian giants AC Milan are also said to be keeping tabs on the situation, while it has also been claimed West Ham have had a loan approach rebuffed.

However, any negotiations regarding a possible sale of the striker will be further complicated by the fact that Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has included Carroll in the squad that flies from John Lennon Airport on Monday.

Joe Cole also features in the 34, and is desperate to make a positive impression on Rodgers and force his way back into Liverpool's plans.

Cole's Liverpool career looked to be over when he was farmed out on loan to Lille last term, but Rodgers has promised everyone a clean slate.

"The manager knows what I can do," Cole told the club's official website. "He's seen me in France and knows what I can do from Chelsea and England. Now it is about getting fit, pushing myself every day and in the friendlies, and taking my chance.

"In the next two or three weeks, I just want to get myself fit, get two or three games out the way, and then we'll see where we are. I'm happy I'm here, I'm playing football. I'm at a great club and I want to be part of it. I think we can do something good this year."

The Reds face Toronto FC on July 21, AS Roma at Fenway Park on July 25 and Tottenham in Baltimore on July 28.

Liverpool news

1 comment:

  1. I like this blog having nice information about Andy Carroll.
    Thanks for sharing such a nice blog...
    PPI Liverpool

    ReplyDelete